Real Estate Projects
We are proud to have one of the leading legal teams in England to guide clients through large real estate projects often involving significant numbers of leasehold flats.
Recent examples of successful real estate projects are:
- Acting for an overseas company intermediate landlord in administration to vary ground rents in relation to a large portfolio of leasehold properties in Manchester with a local authority freeholder.
- Acting for various resident owed freehold companies with respect to schemes to transfer value from the freehold to the flats through the grant of lease extensions to the shareholder/leaseholders together with dividend pay-outs and specialist tax advice, notably for approximately 150 flats in London, Limehouse and 250 flats in Manchester.
- Acting for a resident property company and 45 shareholders in respect of an acquisition by way of collective enfranchisement under the Leasehold Reform Housing and Urban Development Act 1993 of a freehold estate in the heart of Chelsea. The matter strayed outside the context of a standard enfranchisement requiring expert advice on setting up a group structure, incorporation of an investment company and ancillary loan agreements so as to raise finance for the project.
- Acting for a leasehold owned freehold company to vary leases under Part IV of the Landlord and Tenant Act 1987 for a large estate in North London.
- Advice on three separate matters for (1) a registered provider (2) a group of leaseholders and (3) a nominee purchaser following a 1993 Act enfranchisement with respect to the proposed development of the roof tops and airspace of their buildings.
In delivering the projects to our clients we are proud of our use of innovation and technology. We have invested in a powerful case management system and if the project demands it we will build a specific work flow on our system using our firm’s in-house coders. Pro forma documents will be created with a bespoke task list to ensure the project runs smoothly and efficiently. This improves the efficiency of our service, incorporates safeguards as to the legal precedents and polices deadlines accurately.
Whatever your project Comptons have the necessary technical ability, industry knowledge, experience and systems to lead you safely through the law, delivering the results efficiently and cost effectively.
Tel: +44 (0) 20 7482 9513
Tel: +44 (0) 20 3869 4464
Need help with your flat?
The Lease Clinic is our specialist service aimed at curing problems faced by flat owners such as lease extensions and freehold acquisitions. We are renowned for our fixed and reasonably priced Lease Renewal Service.