Comptons was founded by Stephen Compton together with his wife Jean in 1987 as a boutique property specialist firm to deal almost exclusively with property investment, development and dealing companies. Stephen and Jean were joined in 1990 by Nicholas Goldreich who founded the highly successful litigation department within the firm.
The firm has continued to expand and is now a full service law firm with particular strengths in real estate projects, property litigation, enfranchisement, residential conveyancing and commercial property.
Despite its expansion Comptons has retained its core values of building long term relationships with clients, paternalism towards its clients and staff and team work without the politics you can find in larger firms. We will work as one unit to fully service the requirements of our clients.
Comptons has won or been short listed for a number of Awards
- Gold for London Firm of the Year at the ESTAs Conveyancing Awards
- Bronze for National Firm of the Year at the ESTAs Conveyancing Awards
- Highly Commended in Conveyancing at the Law Society Excellence Awards
- Finalist in business development & marketing at Law Society Excellence Awards
- Website of the Year at the Right to Manage & Enfranchisement Awards
- Finalist in the category of London Solicitors of the Year at the Right to Manage & Enfranchisement Awards
- Highly Commended Solicitor in the Right to Manage & Enfranchisement Awards
- Finalist for Individual Conveyancer of the Year at the ESTAs Conveyancing Awards
Our Property Litigation Department have been involved in a number of high profile and reported cases
- Staghold Ltd v Takeda  CC (London) (Judge Levy QC)
- 9 Cornwall Crescent London Ltd v Kensington & Chelsea Royal London Borough  EWCA Civ 324
- 5 Felix Avenue Ltd v Pledream Properties Limited  EWHC 3048 (Ch).
- Cowthorpe Road 1-1A Freehold Ltd v Wahedally  L&T.R. 4.
Our expert lawyers have contributed or written numerous articles and podcast that have been widely published
- The Times
- Sunday Telegraph
- Law Society Gazette
- Evening Standard
- The Independent
- News on the Block
- The Leasehold Advisory Service Website
We believe in leading our clients by drawing from our expert knowledge and experience. In doing so we provide them with an understanding of the law. Working together both with our clients and with the expert teams within our Firm, we empower our clients to make the right decision.
Our approach works and the vast majority of our new clients come through either personal or professional recommendations.
Tel: +44 (0) 20 7482 9500
Tel: +44 (0) 20 7482 9502
Tel: +44 (0) 20 7482 9513
Need help with your flat?
The Lease Clinic is our specialist service aimed at curing problems faced by flat owners such as lease extensions and freehold acquisitions. We are renowned for our fixed and reasonably priced Lease Renewal Service.